Sunday, July 19, 2009

Thing 18: wikis


I like how the coordinator of Thing 18
set up a wiki where people can just play around with the concept without signing up. Wetpaint was used.
Although I am partial to pbworks, I gave it a shot. Pretty neat!



nt23 says: Under that page, create sub-pages on your hobbies, interests, career, or anything else you would like to share with others. Create at least 3 sub-pages so you can see how Wiki hierarchies work. Make sure you are on the "parent" page (the one that you want to add sub-pages to), and then click the Add a New Page link on the left hand side of your screen.
To save your work after editing a page, use the Save button in the
EasyEdit Toolbar.

I added 3 pages under the Lilly main page: Lilly's Hobbies, Lilly's Interests, and Lilly's Carreer (the final page obviously illustrates I am not an editor, as I misspelled Career.
Got an annoying flashing pop-up on wetpaint, so I wouldn't use this format professionally (again, partial to Pbworks, sorry--it was still an interesting experiment though!

No comments:

Post a Comment